"Hysterical, campy fun!"
- Tony Brown, cleveland.com

"Full of suspense, romance, drama and lots of laughs!"

- Dan Shaurette, Out of the Coffin podcast

This extraordinary one-act drama deftly explores the evolution of the centuries-old vampire myth.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Snapshot

The weather has turned. Apparently it will turn back in a day or so, but this weekend has surely been a damp, cool, autumnal experience. Houses for the show have been good. Surprising actually, given the amount afforded to promotion. It's like every other late night experience I have ever had a hand in producing - and honestly, the turn-out on that score has been satisfying. We were a seat shy of a sell out on Friday, Saturday slightly less, and I was stunned by the number of people who came on this, a Sunday evening.

Stunned was also the look on some of the faces as they came out of the theater. I didn't mean to be hanging out in the lobby after the show, to catch people's reactions, I was there to take promotional shots. I do forget sometimes, this is a grotesque horror story, and not a happy-go-lucky sunshine festival.

We took a few new photos. I love the space we are using - the main feature of the set is this little alcove in the corner of the main hall. The main performances in the Levin (including Wallace Shawn's The Designated Mourner, now playing) are usually at the other end of the space, which was a dance hall in another century. It's like - "oh, I didn't realize that was there."

Impact Theatre presents Nicky Goes Goth
A hit at the 2004 New York Fringe Festival, Nicky Goes Goth takes us into the intoxicating but soul-sucking world of sexy socialite sisters Nicky and Paris Hilton. When Nicky begins to question the meaning of her life, her insular celebrity illusions start to shatter ... (more)

Stray Cat Theatre presents Nicky Goes Goth
If you feel you might resent Nicky and Paris Hilton, remember…they didn't ask to be born. Nicky Goes Goth asks us - WWPD? What Would Paris Do…if Nicky fell for a Goth guy? A runaway smash at last year’s NYC Fringe Festival ...(more)

UPDATE:
Crazy. As the crowd filtered out, this tall man with a familiar face said, "Remember me?" I did - he was one of the physicians who had seen I Hate This at MetroHealth last week. I hadn't intended to pimp this show at the event (that didn't seem appropriate) but he
did come up to me after the show, and he did ask if I was doing any other theater work, and I did have a "Vampyres" card in my pocket. He says he liked the show. His wife looked like she had just swallowed a mouse.

No comments: