"Hysterical, campy fun!"
- Tony Brown, cleveland.com

"Full of suspense, romance, drama and lots of laughs!"

- Dan Shaurette, Out of the Coffin podcast

This extraordinary one-act drama deftly explores the evolution of the centuries-old vampire myth.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Piano

Listening to the Twilight soundtrack tonight - the score, not the rock songs. Carter Burwell. What do you know, he's written the score for some of my favorite movies of the past fifteen years, and I never knew his name.

I had to pick it up because I was enjoying the piano themes in the movie. It was surprising to me, though it shouldn't have been, the music I have been choosing as inspiration for this script. Ludovico Einaudi. Philip Glass. Erik Satie. A descending cascade of single notes, simple melancholy.

And I cannot write. I mean, I have been writing, in spurts, for several days. I know how this must end, and knowing makes it so much more trite - I wish I had written all the way up to the end, and THEN realized the secret. I didn't even know there was a secret. And it's a doozy - thankfully, because I hadn't thought of it until now.

Check this: Musings of a High School Vampire. It's really bad. It's so bad, I don't believe a high schooler wrote it, it's like a terrible adult writer trying to write like a high school students.

Which is what I am patently avoiding doing. Right now.

No comments: