"Hysterical, campy fun!"
- Tony Brown, cleveland.com

"Full of suspense, romance, drama and lots of laughs!"

- Dan Shaurette, Out of the Coffin podcast

This extraordinary one-act drama deftly explores the evolution of the centuries-old vampire myth.

Saturday, December 05, 2009

VamPR

Big P.R. pow-wow yesterday, headed by Todd with Andrew, Daniel and I in attendance. Todd and I came armed with color print-outs, I even had a sketch.

Question: How literal should the poster be? Playing off the TWILIGHT movie poster, I had mocked up a 19th century (see: Louis de Pointe du Lac) in for Edward and a goth-chick Bella.

This begs the question - in what way are we to attract fans of the book Twilight? I would like nothing more than to have teenagers attend the outreach tour with the promise of vampire romance. At the same time, we do not want to give the impression that this is a Twilight story, that it is that story or some kind of fan-fictionesque knock-off.

Some suggestions were humorous, and my concern there is if people are expecting a broad vampire-parody (see: Bat Boy: The Musical) they may be disappointed. Not that the play isn't humorous, it is. But I wouldn't call it a comedy.

We need to solidify something by Monday,. the photo shoot is scheduled for Friday. Meanwhile, there is a production meeting on Tuesday, and I am hoping to have a new draft available by Monday.

Wikipedia: The Grand Tour

No comments: