"Hysterical, campy fun!"
- Tony Brown, cleveland.com

"Full of suspense, romance, drama and lots of laughs!"

- Dan Shaurette, Out of the Coffin podcast

This extraordinary one-act drama deftly explores the evolution of the centuries-old vampire myth.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Count


And now it's a vampire play. Moving from the language-dense first arc into this hyper-stagey melodrama ... I mean, it's just so much fun! I am trying very, very hard not to go all Lugosi, but it is a challenge. Especially because I wrote myself a monologue that is more Bride of the Monster than Dracula.
Home? I have no home. Hunted, despised, Living like an animal! The jungle is my home. But I will show the world that I can be its master! I will perfect my own race of people. A race of atomic supermen which will conquer the world! Ha ha ha ha ha ha! - Dr. Eric Vornoff

3 comments:

Daniel said...

Watching the progress on this is really exciting! Especially when it's in fast-forward because one hasn't, er, checked the blog in a few days. Holy cow a lot of stuff has happened! Costumes look great and I'm glad you're enjoying the rehearsal and learning more about the character you wrote than you yourself understood in the writing. Yay directors and rehearsals! I'm kind of jealous of the excitement of your process. Any chance of this thing coming to New York? I'd love to see it...

pengo said...

Hmn ... taking the show to New York ...

Daniel said...

Hmn indeed! Maybe you could apply to the Fringe or something.