"Hysterical, campy fun!"
- Tony Brown, cleveland.com

"Full of suspense, romance, drama and lots of laughs!"

- Dan Shaurette, Out of the Coffin podcast

This extraordinary one-act drama deftly explores the evolution of the centuries-old vampire myth.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

First Night

Just the four of us, Andrew (director), Dusten (Man #2), Emily (Woman) and I (Man #1 - of course) met for three hours last night to read the script a few times and begin a discussion about how we are going to tackle it.

Speed, for certain. A sense of urgency. Why are we here? You wait, I will show you. As Andrew says, every scene ends/begins with a sinister, "Oh yeah? There's MORE."

I got to try out the Romanian and it seems to work well. Not quite Lugosi (that's a good thing) and straining to avoid Pavel Chekov. Perhaps the first rehearsal I have ever attended that included a reference to the film Dodgeball.
Peter: Alliteration aside, I think I'll take my chances.
White Goodman: Yeah, you will take your chances.
Peter: I know. I just said that.
White Goodman: I know you "just said that".
Peter: I'm not sure where you're going with this.
White Goodman: I'm not sure where you're going with this.
Peter: That's what I said.
White Goodman: That's what I'm saying to you.
Peter: Okay.
White Goodman: Touché.

No comments: