"Hysterical, campy fun!"
- Tony Brown, cleveland.com

"Full of suspense, romance, drama and lots of laughs!"

- Dan Shaurette, Out of the Coffin podcast

This extraordinary one-act drama deftly explores the evolution of the centuries-old vampire myth.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Get set ...


Did I mention the room we are rehearsing in is really small? But you know, so many of the spaces we will be performing in (I'm looking at you, Nordonia Branch of the the Akron Public Library) that it doesn't bother me, or Andrew. I can't speak for the rest of them.

I mean, it was tight yesterday, when we began shaping the show. But tonight we have the set, and now we really know where we stand. Or don't. Where we don't stand. Because there is little room to stand there.

I jest. The fact is, we are having great fun blocking the first arc. Because it is the most challenging arc, because it is the arc the fewest people will be familiar with. But Andrew is making great effort to make it clear, easy to follow, suspenseful - and very, very weird.

He has truly encouraged me to loosen up with my Darvell, much more Oscar Wilde than, well, Nosferatu to be honest. So when he does become menacing, it throws you. Is this guy serious?

Costume fitting tomorrow. I made cookies!

(By the way - it's not staying purple. Just so you know.)

1 comment:

Jen said...

I cannot imagine how weird it would be to have someone else directing me in something I wrote.

My mind is boggling at the weird.

I like his suggestion for your character. Sounds chilling.