"Hysterical, campy fun!"
- Tony Brown, cleveland.com

"Full of suspense, romance, drama and lots of laughs!"

- Dan Shaurette, Out of the Coffin podcast

This extraordinary one-act drama deftly explores the evolution of the centuries-old vampire myth.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Talkback

Daniel and I visited the Alcazar yesterday, where this play will premiere on Tuesday, February 16. We traditionally head over in advance of the tour to decide which room will be suit the production - and to have a presentation for interested Alcazar residents on the tour.

We have pretty much decided to return to the ballroom on the 5th floor. Hope you can join us.

One of our concerns has been how this play will go over with people of a certain age. We know the kids dig the vampires, but what about the seniors? Well, I do not think we have much to worry about. If anything, we were reminded that everyone knows what vampires are - and you know, some people really do know more than you do.

I met a self-professed witch who is very excited about the show coming, and a woman whose husband is Romanian and faced me a couple times over Vlad Teppes. There was a lady who sounded British who confessed that she had never read a single vampire novel, ever. But she was looking forward to the production.

What I also discovered is that I can run my mouth about vampire minutiae. This is something I will need to curb during post-show discussions, which are supposed to be about issues raised in the play, and not just how smart I think I am.

During rehearsal we sketched through The Giaour. I am thrilled that, from the very beginning, Andrew is getting us on our feet and working on how we rip through this thing. Speed, speed, speed!

No comments: