"Hysterical, campy fun!"
- Tony Brown, cleveland.com

"Full of suspense, romance, drama and lots of laughs!"

- Dan Shaurette, Out of the Coffin podcast

This extraordinary one-act drama deftly explores the evolution of the centuries-old vampire myth.

Monday, January 25, 2010

THERE REALLY ARE SUCH THINGS!!!

We begin rehearsals tomorrow ... ran into Andrew this evening in the offices, we looked over the rehearsal space, big enough for maybe two of us to fit into at one time, but that's okay, there's only two of us onstage at any given moment anyway.

Man. I have to put these words I have written into my own mouth. Very strange. It's nothing I am familiar with. When I perform solo shows, it is like being me, telling stories. And I have written plays for others. But never created a fiction for myself to perform in.

There is so much business in this play, so much stagecraft, effects, combat, music, sound effects, what was I thinking?

Kelly has been pulling the program together, that's going to look good. Again - clarity, Daniel reminds us, clarity. How do we get an audience up to speed on so much history in such a brief period of time. A high school audience, an audience of geriatrics. There is a character listing, with the date of each scene (1810, 1900, &c.) and a great essay from Margaret about each novel that inspires the work. Kelly has added costume renderings from each time period, people will know what they are getting themselves into.

The costumes, by the way ... well, I just need to make an entry soon all about the costumes. Yeah. Awesome.

And it all starts tomorrow.

No comments: