"Hysterical, campy fun!"
- Tony Brown, cleveland.com

"Full of suspense, romance, drama and lots of laughs!"

- Dan Shaurette, Out of the Coffin podcast

This extraordinary one-act drama deftly explores the evolution of the centuries-old vampire myth.

Monday, February 01, 2010

Assessment

One week into rehearsal, we open two weeks from Tuesday. Remarkable how much we could get done in only four nights of work - and me, with three grants due tomorrow. Watching Dusten shift gears from sunny cluelessness in the first arc to bullhead indignation and self-righteous posturing in the second is great fun. Emily I know less well but I have been impressed by her sense of humor onstage in other productions and have been surprised at how meticulous she is in rehearsal - I suppose I shouldn't have been. She gets to play three parts in the first two scenes, Dusten only has to play one part at a time.

And me. Jesus. I have written myself some ridiculously turgid passages. What I need right now is time to memorize my own words.

The way Andrew tears through this is amazing, the hours fly by. I can't wait to see where we are this time next week.

No comments: