"Hysterical, campy fun!"
- Tony Brown, cleveland.com

"Full of suspense, romance, drama and lots of laughs!"

- Dan Shaurette, Out of the Coffin podcast

This extraordinary one-act drama deftly explores the evolution of the centuries-old vampire myth.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

The last place on earth


I do not know if a record has been kept of all of the design elements of all 20 previous GLTF outreach tours. However, I am guessing we are setting a few records. No less than eighteen distinctive costume looks, we added most of those on Thursday night. For the most part, we rocked them. Then last night Richard added sound. I have not counted the sound cues, but they will be executed, in their entirety, by the three of us. We do not have a stage manager, or if we do, that would be me.

And I wrote this monstrosity. This is all my fault.

On Monday we will have a much clearer idea of how long it is going to take to set up and tear this show down. Until then, I am just tossing in my sleep over it. I was happy to have the opportunity to spend a brief, casual, social moment on Friday night following our extended rehearsal. I am very happy with this company.

Andrew appears to have been having fun with this production. There is a terrible amount of cracking up going on during scene work. This is not unusual for the outreach tour, at least not the past several years. Blame me and Andrew, I guess.

The discussion turned to source material for the script last night and I made a connection I had previously been unaware of - or had forgotten. In choosing North Pole, Alaska as the site of our final scene, a place remote and distant enough, a place someone like Eddie would head to to hide, I was making a link to the establishing setting of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, on a ship commandeered by one Captain Walton.

His destination? The North Pole.

No comments: